Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
OK, corn, what's up with your car? I was planning on getting thru the next couple of weeks by following your delivery. You owe met that!
SOrry, busy driving it and playing with it. Had an interesting morning. I took the new X3 out and drove a route I enjoy. I left it in comfort adaptive and did some curvy stuff. I love this car for this mode. It is a VERY comfortable car to drive in this mode.

The noisiest thing in the cabin was the ventilated seats (which work really well).

I was surprised to find I can adjust the ASD so I set it to reduced. If it is piping in engine noise, I can't hear it but would still like to disable it.

The H-hold feature is peachy keen great.

ASS is stupid.

The full auto cruise control works so much better than my Acura.

Full screen CarPlay is the bees knees. iDrive 7 is very easy to use and setup everything.

The HUD is the best. Perfect amount of info, legible, and I missed it when I took the Z4 out next.

I did some sport mode driving and it turns this thing into a beast. Still in the break in phase so nothing too hard on the accelerator but took the curves aggressively. The 19" all season tires have a lot of understeer when turning really hard. This is not a sports car. But it does exactly what we want: comfortable people hauler with a beast mode.

I drove my Z4 that I just chipped right after on the same route. Holy crap! There is no amount of money that will turn the X3 into a Z4. And frankly, I don't want it to. The Z4 can't pull a 4,400 lbs trailer or haul a christmas tree home or carry more than 2 people with a weekend's worth of clothes. I knew that, but until I drove them back to back, I thought the X3 handled very sporty. It does, but I'm glad I have the Z4 for the better sports car driving experience.

Overall first impression: Giggling like a school girl. This car is perfect for us and why we bought it. Hauling things and towing heavy stuff with a lot of fun driving in between.

Pics to follow.
Hi Corn18,

You mentioned you could adjust ASD and reduce the piped noise. Was that via iDrive 7 or some 3rd party device?

Glad to hear you are enjoying the overall experience. I'm in the agonising waiting stage while the car makes it way over to the UK for a collection at the end of October.

I will be keen to hear your thoughts after the initial several weeks of driving as I lead up to collecting my own car.

Congrats all round and can't wait to see your pics after you have fun driving it...
Appreciate 0