View Single Post
      12-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #165
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Recently completed some 90K preventative maintenance on my daughters 2012 X3 x drive 2.8i (3.0L 6cyl - non-turbo, thats a N52N engine). Replaced the water pump, thermostat, upper & lower rad hoses. For any DIY's out there's some great information regarding steps and tools required on this X5 post https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...lacement.htmls. The water pump/thermostat replacement was a tedious task for sure.

Also replaced the Alt/AC Compressor drive belt and belt tensioner. Valve cover was starting to weep and had a bad PVC diaphragm so replaced the VC along with plugs and coils. New Eccentric Shaft Sensor as well, as the VC ESS seal had leaked oil into the ESS plug connection - since the VC is off replaced the ESS. Also put new profile seals in the oil filter housing to head and oil cooler to oil filter housing - again due to start of minor leaks. Lastly Oil/Filter and Cabin Air filter.

All together about $2500 work of hardware and about 4 - 8hr days doing all this PM. Hopefully good to go for another 90-100K miles.

Even being a seasoned BMW E46 DIYer mechanic and retired mechanical engineer, all the various E90 posts were exceptionally helpful in completing these repairs. So a big thanks to all you previous DIYer's who provided posts and videos.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0