View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #49
Ras550
Private
Rep
Drives: Now:3P, Then:335xi,330ZHP,540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
My battery will outlast the car, and have a second life after that as a storage device to help power a school or building when power goes out. ICE cars are the dying breed.
Exactly. The current model 3 batteries are expected to last 250k-300k miles at least. And the motors are designed for 1 million miles. These numbers are unheard of before Tesla.

As for power sources, Even 100% coal power is >2x cleaner than gas powered engines. If you add wind and solar, its 4-5x cleaner (like in CA).

The current grid in the US can support EVs for a long long time. we are nowhere close to its limits. Can't speak for every corner of the globe though.

I think the biggest issue with EV adoption is customer education. For those of us in markets like CA/NY, we know all these are non-issues. In other markets where Tesla has yet to sell Model 3 at large scale, people just lack awareness. Tesla's no advertising approach doesn't help, and traditional car dealers will continue to spread FUD like range anxiety, battery longevity and a lot of other nonsense that hasn't been true for 5+ years.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16334.00