View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #34
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Thanks ADC, no one ever mentions where the electricity to charge the electric cars is coming from. Most countries are close to the limit of electric production as it is, never mind having to now support all these new vehicles being constantly charged after driving 100 miles or so.

What happens to all the cars when the batteries are dead as they don't last long and certainly not as long as an ICE. Are people really going to pay several thousand $/£'s to replace the batteries or are they just going to dump them.

What's happening to the planet with the increased load on power stations? Will this lead to more Nuclear stations, not sure that's a wise move. Solar power I hear you say, well good luck with that. It's currently summer in the UK and it's raining, very grey and 12 degrees. There isn't enough sun around to charge my watch never mind a car. And what about all the mining for the lithium to make the batteries, what impact does that have on the planet?

Electric may well be the very boring future, but I don't think I'm old and I certainly don't think we should wishing it to arrive any sooner than it really has to.
Appreciate 2
munna129.00
titomi926.00