View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #51
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Wow this thread blew up today

Thanks so much for all your advise and I absolutely need to be as financially responsible as possible right now!

I am really upside down on my car that is why I would like to pay it off and can’t trade it in a something cheaper for a cheaper monthly payment. I have had so many cars over the last 16years I have no desire to get another one after I pay this one off unless it gets totaled.

I make good money but nit enough to not be completely house poor. I would be using over 50% of my income on a house payment even with the 20% down.

I think what I am going to do is to pay off my car and put the rest of the money into an account that can make money over a year. Take out a years worth of support and pay the monthly from that account while the rest earns interest and repeat yearly.

The only reason why I made so much money in my current home is because I bought it when the housing market was horrible and there was lots of foreclosure home everywhere.

I am hoping to possible buy a home again when the market is much lower in the future.

Even now my monthly rent is basically 50% of my income. And this is cheap when it comes to rent unless I mover over an hours away from work and I might have to move that far away next time my lease is up in two years. I am continually looking and working towards a better job so it’s just a matter of time before something happens for me and I make more money but this isn’t guaranteed.

Maybe in a couple of years I will be with someone that can help with the living situation but I don’t want to rely on a roommate to pay for my Morgage or rent. Been there before an it usually ends up bad.

My ex is a pill of garbage and likes to play games of not answering my text messages for days when I am trying to get her to move on the house situation. I paid to get a letter wrote up that once she signs I can take her to court to make her follow through with selling the home or giving me cash. But she is sitting on it and ignoring me so I am going to have to tell her sign it or we will take it to the courts.

Her and her new man are living fat and happy in a house and pay less monthly then I do for a one bedroom apartment so I know that is why she keeps stalling but I am done waiting. It’s working on 5 years.

Just to be clear I am in no why going to pay her everything at once. It will be monthly and I want her to cash be out so her house payment will double or she will be forced to sell the house and we both take the money.
Appreciate 0