07-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #37
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
Those who dismiss Lexus as a boring vehicle are missing the point. Many value comfort and reliability as much as (or even more so) than we, BMW loyalists, value driving dynamics.

I convinced my brother, a life-long Lexus buyer, to buy the e60 many years ago, and after 3 years of ownership, he switched back to Lexus. He says Lexus cars are just more comfortable and the dealership experience is far superior. For example, when he left his BMW for service, he got a stripper 3-series as a loaner, where as a Lexus dealer would have given him a car that is equivalent to what he brought in for service. Another example, after his battery was diagnosed as faulty still under warranty, his BMW dealer told him that it wasn't covered and had him pay for replacement, where as his Lexus dealer would go out of its way to please him for any faulty parts instead of splitting hairs on warranty coverage.

Unfortunately for BMW, the ultimate driving machine slogan has become more of a marketing exercise than building what it is supposed to portray (e.g. count the number of ///M badges on non-M cars, or M-Sport packages that are more bling-bling than actual performance parts). After 20-years and 9 BMWs, it may be time to say adieu to the brand if the C8 Corvette is as exciting as it looks on paper.
So your brother based his (and your) brand royalty on one dealership experience?

Plenty of BMW dealers give equal or better loaners if you simply ask, and I never had to pay for replacement batteries let alone any other repairs to my bmw dealers, ever.

Oh and good luck servicing your future C8
Appreciate 1