03-28-2017, 10:59 AM   #22
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
Best feedback I can provide is to make sure that whatever fluid you are using meets ZF Lifeguard 8 standard. With that, it should matter that much what brand fluid you use.

If you are doing this DIY, I'd suggest simply following normal procedure. If you are concerned about the fact that a lot of the original, dirty ATF does not get drained from the system on a standard ATF change, then I would suggest getting a good Indy shop to flush the system before they replace your oil pan and filter assembly.

Many people will tell you that, if you flush the system, the transmission will fail right after that. That is not the case.
Yes. Plan is to DIY. Will not do a full fledge flush, just a pseudo-flush, with the 2 phased fluid replacement, as mentioned.

I will spend some time researching/comparing tech sheets between ZF Lifeguard ATF and Redline D6 ATF (possibly other brands), before I make a final move. Again, the Redline application guide sheets indicates that their D6-ATF liquid is appropriate for the ZF8HP tranny.
Their claim is TBD ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 03-28-2017 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0