beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_bm View Post
If you bought a Porsche for it's tech, it was a big mistake. There are other things, like driving, where it really excels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscottie View Post
Macan is garbage. Tech is so outdated that it's just ridiculous. The gas mileage to actual output is horrific; the sun shade on the moon roof is translucent and let's in sun so vehicle is a sauna on sunny days; the interior is something left to be desired compared to its competitors; and we just dumped the Turbo for all these reasons....not to mention the money factor if you plan to lease; horrendous. Get a retrofit tow hitch like the other poster suggested; better value is X3MC
Meh; it's a "fun" drive not an exciting drive; just a note I'm coming from 2017 X5M so the bar is set pretty high from my POV. The tech/comfort (even if it's a stiff suspension I can dig it) is important on a daily driver; full stop.

I'll clarify for the Porsche enthusiasts; Porsche Macan is GARBAGE for the cost vs what you get. You can have that pretty name plate and badge and suffer in all the places I named before; tech is TRASH! Interior seems cheap and outdated in comparison to X3MC interior; comfort; that sunshade is horrific; the exterior styling is quite inspiring but after that it's just "meh" overall.

No apologies. Owned an S and a Turbo for more than 6 months. Turbo interior seemed a bit more pleasant with the alcantara headliner but still falls short of the competitors interior and comfort. I'd take a non alcantara headliner for better tech and comfort in the seats and not having the sun beam in even with the stupid translucent shade closed. Won't ever purchase another overpriced over hyped Porsche again. Great Reviews be damned.

*Edit; the subwoofer and Bose sound in the Macan is actually pretty good.
Appreciate 0