View Single Post
      04-30-2019, 06:41 PM   #31
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post

That said... I think McLaren have come a long, long way with their newer models. The new 600LT is getting rave reviews from everyone. I also like how you can get power and suspension upgrades from McLaren for your older car(12c).

The funny thing is, as far as mclarens go I think I like the looks of the 12c best.
Its more a classic look, somewhere between an evora and a koenigsegg.
I never liked the front looks of the 57/6xx and P1. Far too much stylized (a bit like they wanted to force a "mclaren look"
The 720 I like better, always have (there is a topic here where the initial press releases where discussed, and it was pretty much all negative).
But that they change the looks of their cars so often (where they are all basically the same car more or less) in such a short time is for me a sign that they're still looking for brand recognition.
Ferrari and Lamborghini dont have that problem imho. Obviously they have generations (F355-360 was a generation change, both in looks and in tech, and so was the 599 with its predecessor), but their design 'path' is more logical, less messy.

I think the mclaren interior design is nothing special. Both ferrari and lamborghini have a more distinct interior design that matches with their exterior design elements. Only in the past (pre 2008 or thereabout, so gallardo-murcialago era)) some Lamborghini interiors now look dated because of the tech used back then. But that was before the audi era and its very difficult (certainly back then) to come up with a modern interior (tech wise) for a very small manufacturer..
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50