09-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #111
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
For the record I was just using the pics as a determinant of what model they are testing. For instance the C7 C51 pack has slotted rotors. So one could come to the conclusion this is the base model.

Yes drilled rotors are basically a gimmick. All they do is increase the chances of rotors cracking. Basically an old tech that has remained around for aesthetics. Slotted rotors do remove pad glazing, but can increase pad wear.

The rotors are definitely small. Thanks to an idiotic R&T article, some internet fodder has been going around the ME Vette was lapping the ring under 7min...testing some high-hend ME Vette. The top range C8 will be wearing some big carbon ceramics and big aero, to try and dip under or near 7min. Clearly you can tell this is the base model car they are testing, most likely mid 7min car around the ring at best.
We shall see. While I agree with you on it not dropping to 7, I'd be very surprised if it runs in the mid-7:30's considering the C7 Z51 did a 7:33 and the C7 GS was at 7:27.
Appreciate 0