Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
2015 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
curious, is this problem also experienced with those with the 2012 models?
Yes, it does in my 2012 28i...both Wind noise and traffic noise are more than normal. I even mentioned this in my first thread that I can hear my wife standing from outside speaking to me clearly even with all the windows are closed and engine running. It never happened in my previous Saab 9-3. I don't do much highway driving, mostly city driving in and around Boston. At every stop light I can hear all the vehicles around me, that too if there was a Bus or Semi I need to pump up my volume to avoid the sound. Initially i felt that windows were open! Funny thing is if any old Dodge RAM near me I get scared that my exhaust fall off...because of the noise.

May be I should have opted for Premium Sound pkg which has more speakers to suppress external noise. My base stereo doesn't do much justice.

Best way to test the insulation is to sit inside the car, close all the windows and doors, keep the engine running, mute the audio and ask your wife or buddy to talk from outside, see how much you can hear. Try this in your X3 and another car if possible.
Appreciate 0