View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #89
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
My car goes in again on Thursday. This time I have something to show the dealer. My car is filthy due to the recent weather. The sill under the doors, right under the doors - not on the outside, ie inside the seals, this area is very dirty. If water and muck can get past the seals then I'm sure air can!!!
I will check the area you are mentioning.

I think the general cause of our wind and traffic noise is the front doors not closing tightly enough. Is it due to the seals itself or if they were badly installed or is it just bad alignment of the doors I don't know. All I am sure is noise which is more than acceptable is entering the cabin. Mirror gaskets may have lessened some of the wind noise I was having , but I still hear more noise than usual what my tires are making on a wet road for example.

Another thing I recently noticed while examining the front door is that there is a gap I can feel when from outside I press with my fingers the door frame at the B Pillar as doors are closed. I tried it with a Toyota Corolla, unlikely it is robust. I may be wrong but everytime I pay attention to the noise inside I feel it is coming from close to B pillar. I wonder if this is the cause.
Appreciate 0