Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I don't think that's as good as what Audi and MB offer but I could live with this setup as although the dual tachs look a bit strange it's pretty straightforward. Problem is that everytime you start your car the display defaults to the counterintuitive regular display and you have to be in an M-mode to get that display. I don't understand why BMW is so restrictive with their LED displays as the competition offers far more customization of their LED screens.
I agree, I think Audi is still killing it when it comes to digital dash design (wow, alliteration).

I wonder if you can code the car to start in the appropriate mode for this gauge, similar to how the M40i can be coded to start in Sport. Or, just need to adjust your habit when you start the car. On my current car, whenever I get in and start it I just change it to Sport + mode. Muscle memory now, hardly even realize. It would be nice to code in to automatically do that, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Now that is a MUCH better cluster above. It’s reads x3m in the center. Would be great if all the ///M cars get that above. That make me want to rip some gears.
That's what's coming to the '21 X3M and is already in the M8. I believe the M5 has something similar, too. I would expect all M cars with iD7 to have that gauge, right?
No way. Mercedes has the best digital dash setup currently, and had been a all around infotainment winner for the past couple years. Audi is a close second.
Appreciate 0