View Single Post
      08-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #455
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

May as well share some first impressions in regards to the DA/DAP that caused my order to get canceled and had me waiting so long... the short of it... I'll never use any of the active stuff on the daily. It's literally only useful on a long drive (of which I don't make many). First, the lane keep assistance doesn't jive with the way South Florida drivers.. drive. I'm 100% guilty of being one of those drivers who doesn't use his turn signal and having the car literally try to fight me for the wheel when I forget to do it, is actually a safety hazard. It'll all be useful for the handful of trips to Orlando, but that's about the only time I'd probably use it.

That being said, the car drives great. The road feel, the power, the maneuverability, it's all really awesome. You feel really connected, especially for an SUV where you typically sit crazy high. It's taking some getting use to, as I'm coming from a line of cars.. 335, 335, 535... but I'm already perfectly content. Can't wait to get closer to 1200mi so I can really drive it like I usually drive.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 1