Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebecky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
how are you getting so much discount off msrp.. i'm only getting about 6% in my area.
I go back and forth between several dealerships, always hoping to purchase from my favorite (best sales and service customer service), but willing to buy elsewhere if the deal is better.
Mention what you have seen others getting in forums, tell them you have a need to get the best deal.
Take your time. We used to lease, and I find the deals usually better when trading in. Especially if they know you will not buy another brand. Make sure you tell them you are also checking out the sq5 and your husband/wife really wants the Mercedes.
I use my husband as the bad guy if I have to. Example: I really want this car, but my husband doesn't like it, thinks it's way too expensive so I need an amazing deal or he won't agree. My husband wants to buy from other dealership, but I prefer yours. I need a special deal to convince him...
At the end, before you agree to the already amazing deal, go into showroom, tell salesperson " ok, I will sign right now if they can find another $200/$500... If they say no, and you are satisfied with the deal, tell them "ok, but add all weather mats, or some other small dealer added thing you may want.
I love this stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebecky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
how are you getting so much discount off msrp.. i'm only getting about 6% in my area.
I go back and forth between several dealerships, always hoping to purchase from my favorite (best sales and service customer service), but willing to buy elsewhere if the deal is better.
Mention what you have seen others getting in forums, tell them you have a need to get the best deal.
Take your time. We used to lease, and I find the deals usually better when trading in. Especially if they know you will not buy another brand. Make sure you tell them you are also checking out the sq5 and your husband/wife really wants the Mercedes.
I use my husband as the bad guy if I have to. Example: I really want this car, but my husband doesn't like it, thinks it's way too expensive so I need an amazing deal or he won't agree. My husband wants to buy from other dealership, but I prefer yours. I need a special deal to convince him...
At the end, before you agree to the already amazing deal, go into showroom, tell salesperson " ok, I will sign right now if they can find another $200/$500... If they say no, and you are satisfied with the deal, tell them "ok, but add all weather mats, or some other small dealer added thing you may want.
I love this stuff!
What a waste of energy! And wouldn't you expect that the salespeople have heard every variation of this story — and countless others?

The wisdom in this approach is to focus relentlessly on the price. Price first. Price all the time. And keep asking for more. There's no need to couple it with a rationale; the dealer knows you want their best price.

People who play games make it more difficult for those of us who just want to negotiate hard. This is why dealers play games back, why the whole experience is contrived and manipulative.

I like it better in cultures where price negotiation is the norm and people don't need excuses to ask for more discount.

Bargain hard. But cut the crap.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0