Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1traveller View Post
I think it done to emissions and the EGR,
I had a 2014 2.0d LCI SE xdrive auto, and it always averaged 44mpg, and 50mpg on a long 400 mile run, then early 2017, a recall for a “product enhancement”, they replaced the EGR, the mpg dropped after that.
I now have from new, 2017 2.0d LCI M Sport Auto, and the MPG is always around 37mpg.
My conclusion is to do with the “dieselgate” scandal, and thefor the 2.0d was retuned for lower emissions and therefor, lower MPG.
I will be looking for a remap, that will do away with, or at least, use the EGR less, hence increasing the MPG, not after much more power, as I intend to drive the same.
Any body else agree with this theory ??
My EGR valve was replaced last month when the engine started experiencing odd episodes of stalling, judder after start up with a foot on the brake and loss of power.

MPG hasn't really improved since. Should I ask BMW for an engine remap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy2014 View Post
My personal best in my 2.0d msport is 53.2mpg on a 100 mile round trip, my monthly average is around 44mpg. I tend to use ECO mode when on a motorway but normal mode when on anything else. Driving style has a lot to do with achieving good mpg - such as coasting to those red traffic lights that are 100 yards in front rather than accelerating and then hitting the brake pedal, quite often they will have changed to green before you reach them anyway.

I have noted a slight dip in mpg over the last month or so with the overly hot weather we have been having in blighty!
That's impressive. Right now 50mpg+ is pure fantasy for me, let alone 40mpg.