Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The Model T was a paradigm shattering car. It allowed people in mass to shift from horse-based transportation to automobile transportation in under a decade. It completely changed the economic earning power and eventually labor rights of the American factory worker (although Ford was the last to unionize). It completely changed the way most products thereinafter were designed and developed for moving assembly line manufacturing. It completely transformed the worlds landscape with the development of paved roads. It made Henry Ford the wealthiest man in the world. At one point the Ford Motor Company had 85% of the world's automotive market.

And actually the Volt Gen 2 uses a double planetary gearset to allow the wheels to be powered by one or both of the electric motors and the engine as well. It's great you have a bunch of rich friends that can afford expensive automobiles, not sure what that has to do with the discussion.
Nowhere above do you discuss the actual fact that BMW has been the most awarded manufacturer for the International Engine of the Year award since it's inception. It flies in the face of your pronouncement that BMW evidences no real engineering leadership in the industry. Please address that fact for me. Thank you.

Sigh. I was talking about the major components of the entire system. Not a single part of the system (Planetary gearset - Sooooo Advanced). I was also providing perspective about the car markets and ownership. Please. Get out of the weeds.

I have a bunch of hard working engineering friends, small business owning friends, and biotechnology friends who work 65-80 hrs per week to take care of their families. As like minded people (we are car people...all cars, not just exotics.)

Earlier, I was attempting to ignore your subtle digs but I see where this is going. Please remember that we live in the USA (many of us, anyway) and all have equality of opportunity. I may sound pollyanna but I believe in this country and what it has to offer. Please avail yourself of every opportunity that this country offers and end your subtle digs. It is most unseemly.

If you don't like a car BUT haven't spent any serious time behind the wheel...I value your opinion pretty low. Let's get to brass tacks.

Do you own an i8?
Have you driven an i8?
Do you own a Volt?
Have you driven a Volt?

Or do you simply Keyboard Warrior it up and drop subtle digs at things you do not understand? Based on your original analogy, the ideal performance machine is definitely a motorcycle. I can spend $18,000, blow the doors off almost any car around AND have save enough money over the 'Vette to purchase fuel for my nonexistent grandkids. Jeeze. Next.

Cheers
MK

Last edited by MKSixer; 11-19-2015 at 06:56 AM..
Appreciate 1