View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 09:18 AM   #9
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25-X

OK - so after a couple of different members here pointed to AVIN for a good source for the aftermarket upgrade screen....... I did some shopping and reviewing (and a LOT of over-thinking).

Bought the 10.25 screen from AVINUSA.com
I just like the look of the 10" screen over that of the 12" screen that (to me) looks a little oversized for the dash design.

Since I wasn't interested in the multimedia, navigation, or android components of their system, and only was interested in utilizing the display screen / I opted to take advantage of their "sale".......... outdated Android 9 hardware version.... for $199.

Customer service was EXCELLENT answering my questions and offering self-guided installation detail, as well as trouble shooting steps.

I didn't connect any antenna, microphones, aux cables, or anything else not related to my purpose.... Didn't need the best software or processor, etc.

Just took out the OEM 8.8" screen, and wired in the new 10.25" screen - changed a couple of avin system settings - and DONE!

I went slow, took my time, and double and triple checked everything along the way.

Start to Finish / including troubleshooting the system settings that needed changed for my setup - - all in about 2-hrs.

VERY Pleased....... the larger screen - especially with the 360 degree cameras, and reversing - a total blessing for my aging eyes!

Here's the system I bought and installed:
https://avinusa.com/10-25-multimedia...6-cic-nbt.html

I can't speak to the electronics, android system, or gps, etc... only the display screen functionality with my stock OEM usage. A++ for my needs.
Appreciate 0