08-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #764
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I realize that I will most likely catch some hell over this, especially here. I am extremely reluctant to even discuss this, but I have to express this in some fashion as I've let it eat me alive today.

Today Hamilton The Cat (yes it's capitalized because it's his first, middle and last name) will be re-homed. With my work schedule, gym, girlfriend and general adulting; I am hardly ever home. He is an indoor/outdoor pet, that either ends up being cooped up inside all day or stuck outside. I've come to realize that I simply don't have the time for a pet and unfortunately he is the one suffering because of my extremely busy lifestyle.

I feel like a complete bastard for doing this, but I also know it's better for him to have company, versus just being left alone all the time. The retired elderly couple, that are taking him in, are beyond excited about getting him today and have already called me twice this morning to ask what food he likes and what toys I think he would like to play with. This truly saddens me, but I'd much rather see him go to a home that will benefit his life better than what I can give him offer him now.

No hell to catch here except what you make for yourself. I have had to do this in the past. You may feel like you are failing your pet...but you are actually doing what's best for them just like you would your kids.

It will suck for you not to have him around, but think of the joy he will now bring to the other home...especially as excited as they sound about taking him.

The only time I ever look at something like this in a harsh way and I may even be wrong about it...is when people leave them straight up...or just head to the most convenient shelter.

At least you took the time and effort to make sure he would be well looked after!