09-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #26
///Mposter
Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5xz
I think they look great. JM2C. Does it handle measurably better, with less sidewall flex?

regards, dan
I kept the same ratio side wall as OEM but went up a size to 20". I figured I wanted extra cushion and to fill the gap. The run flats are stiff as heck and I could take corners with no problem, but these all seasons in no way compare to the stiffness of run flats. The only tires that I have seen meet cornering have been drag radials like the BFgoodrich KDW . Or really any extreme summer tire that has extra reinforcement for high speeds .
My review of the scorpion tires now that it has been a year: wear on all tires seem good or non existent. Tire noise is very low, so basically quiet. Only one road where the pavement makes weird squeaky noises. Probably from all the gripping surface of the tire.
Wet traction is great. I feel very safe.
Turns and corners are little more soft than I would like it to be. I have learned to take them slightly slower than my e92. I also always drive in sport mode with stiffer steering and suspension. On regular mode I fell like the SUV is too loose and non responsive. ( any tire)