View Single Post
      12-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #33
bmwguy2019
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
The discount you got on the sales price is good - about 9%.

But your monthly can be lower - I'd ask for $30 less on your monthly....$670-$675. Then you're getting a stellar deal. For a comparison - my MSRP was $58,390, my drive off is $1,500 and my monthly is $717 (including tax). If you figure $30 per $1,000 off the vehicles sale price - then really $657 is the the number you should be shooting for.
Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Your thoughts on what occurred today..see below.
**Note December Program Info Should Be Out On Monday**

I went in there today and they stayed firm saying they really couldn't mess with the tax as it was straight forward. They would not lower the overall "sales price" and stated that 9% was fair and that they have no control over "NY sales tax" adding to overall sales price and effecting margin % I was looking for. I told them I would not sign and have to think about it as I am not feeling the following calculation. ( I can't understand why they are putting the 1500 rebate on the finalized drive off as a addition and not as a deduction. Its almost like they are negating the effects of the rebate SEE details BELOW)
This is from there detailed lease sheet..
"Capital Reduction +1,500<-why is rebate being added only to be taken out on next line item..? Is it fluff??
Up Front Tax +137.57 (this appears to be the tax on rebate and doc fee)
Doc Fee +95
First Payment +699 including tax
security deposit 0
DRIVE OFF = 2,432
THEY then MINUS the
Rebate -1,500
To Make The Total Due at Signing
$932 + 280 DMV Fee

Total Car payment $699 including NYS Tax

They also told me Im basically getting the sale price of
51,480 that we agreed to minus the rebate 1,500
and that my true sales price of the car is really
49,980 and that is as much as they can go, and that they obviously can't touch the tax. So that I should be looking at 49,980 im getting the car for almost 12.26% off. (which i know is technically not correct since im not seeing that savings in payment.)

Last edited by bmwguy2019; 12-01-2018 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0