Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
I've been wearing my Rolex Expy II for about a year and a half. You know how many people have noticed it is a Rolex? Zero (or if they did, they didn't say anything). You know how many people have even noticed my watch and cared enough about it to make conversation involving me disclosing it is a Rolex? One (a guy who I worked with that was into watches) and he originally thought it was a Tag.

I've been wearing my Omega Speedmaster for about 6 months. Again, you know how many people have noticed it is a $4000.00 watch? Zero. In all my time owning my Rolex, you know how many people I have seen wearing a Rolex besides me? Three. Two of them were doctors that were treating me or my wife, and yes, I do pay attention to the watches people wear because I am interested in nice watches.

The point is, who cares? The average person doesn't care enough to notice, or even try to see what kind of watch you are wearing. You can't tell without getting a foot away from the watch and looking at it for a few seconds to read the name anyways, and that just won't happen often. If someone knows enough about watches to notice you are wearing a Rolex just by looking at it as you wave your hands around in front of them, chances are they are "watch people" themselves and are likely more "okay" with your lavish, expensive and self-indulgent choice in timepiece.
Maybe you should start wearing them OUTSIDE of your house.

Just like someone previous posted. You will only get compliments on your watch from someone who knows watches and has a similar one them self.

Its the same argument on other threads on M specific colors, some ppl are hard over on getting this because it will highlight their car as a ///M, but the the average car driver, they just notice it as a yellow, orange or blue car, not an ///M.

But back on topic, I have 3 Omegas, my wife has one and we love them and we don't think they are "pretentious" or "ostentatious" at all. I never went for a Rolex because ppl think its fake due to the proliferation of fake Rolex's....but then again copying is the highest form of flattery.

Appreciate 0