11-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #26
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibmwx3 View Post
To be honest, if I hadn't come across this forum, I wouldn't have purchased snow tires. I haven't used snow tires since 1998 when I bought my first 4WD Ford Explorer. This is the first time that I've ever had dedicated wheels for winter. I've never had any issues without snow tires, but since I have the 19" wheels and my area in Michigan has plenty of lake effect snow and potholes, I decided buy them. If I lived somewhere else or had 18" wheels, I might not have made the same decision. Plus now that it gets dark so early, it's nice to have the extra safety of snow tires when driving alone to and from work. With all the maniacs on the road, being stuck on the side of the expressway or down in the ditch is one of the places I would least like to be.

Well said.

A good set of snow tires have probably saved my butt more times than I'd like to admit. Although the best tires for any given driving situation are no guarantee, anything you can do to increase your chances of surviving in hostile weather is worth it in my book.

Like "they" say; "You pays yer money and ya takes yer choice" Everyone has a different level of risk tolerance. Some people buy into hedge funds and some horde their gold coins under their mattress, and some people believe the earth is flat. AND usually they can all justify their position, at least to themselves.
C'est la Vie
Appreciate 0