View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #63
TogMogX3
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

[QUOTE=gmazet;10971961]yeah I think what I am trying to work out in my mind is this:
Blizzaks are cheaper than the "winter performance", why is that? do you give up significant snow and ice performance with a "winter performance" tire vs what you give up in dry (but cold) road performance with the blizzaks..

In NJ, we can get crazy amounts of snow, or very little. when it does it, they usually have main roads clear the next day, delayed school openings and what-not being the result.. not worried about gettign off our street, which gets plowed later, worried about the performance when the storm is getting going and in full swing vs the performance when the snow is cleared or when it is not snowy at all. hearing ramblings about winter compound heating up/gripping better than all seasons. do the blizzaks handle ok in non-snow situations?[/QUOTE

Sorry old chap but talk about "winter performance" by members of the general public using public roads sends shivers down my spine. Stay Safe - the alternative could well bring tears to your eyes!
Appreciate 0