Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
That's exactly the choice I decided upon (Glacier Silver and Tartufo Merino Leather).

I wanted an easy colour externally to maintain and a similar quality of leather in my previous F36 435d, so this was an easy choice for me.

I ultimately believe that this is a good combination and quite classy for sure, maybe not the typical blend for others but at the end of the day, if you are happy with it, that's what is important...
I think Tartufo will have a "gentlemans' club" vibe and yes must be classy vs the sportiness of say Black. Do you have privacy glass? If so is the interior still quite light?

My current F25 has Saddle interior which is very close to Cognac so lighter than Tartufo - don't want the interior too dark but I think it'll be fine - it's one of those things where I don't want to feel I've made a mistake when the car arrives!
I have ordered privacy glass on the new car (a standard option actually in one of the packs) and I managed to drive an X3 M40i which had the exterior / interior choice I chose in the end and it's lighter inside than my black merino I had on my previous car. I had Champagne Quartz on the last car which is hard to beat, but Glacier Silver just sets off the Shadowline trim.

I'm also planning to have the mirror caps done in Shadowline jet black to finish off the exterior look...

Can't wait for the delivery down near Heathrow and the drive back to Scotland in late October when the car is due to arrive.

One other point is that I didn't go for the Pano Roof as I'd read here that some have had various issues (like squeaks, rattles and leaks to deal with), thus I removed it from my build. At least I don't have the extra weight to deal with either.

Will be interested in what combination you pick.
Appreciate 0