Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Ok, I'll give this a go!

There's kind of a mental conversation that takes place when you see something with a strong presence or character. Phytonic Blue says, "look at me, aren't I impressive", I reply "wow, yes you are". Is this is conversation I want everyday? Some days I'll say "please, can you tone it down today, I don't want this conversation". If you keep you car for 2 years then change, it's a more viable situation. I want my next car for 5 to 10 years.

Another aspect is context. In a very modern environment such strong colours can work well. Also in a bright, maybe even desert location. I live in an English conservation area with UK weather...it's 1900s housing and very leafy, Phytonic Blue is not subtle and would struggle to gel with the surroundings.

The colours which endure in the BMW range are white, grey, black, sliver others get rotated, Phy will likely be replaced by another strong colour when the LCI comes out.
I dunno. Phytonic blue isn't that wow, bright, impressive, hey look at me. Maybe it's just that the sun is less impressive in Scotland, but a guy at the end of the street has a PB X4 M40i and it seems quite subdued. So much that my wife finds it kinda bland. Its got no more pizzazz than my Carbon Black 4. EB was a much louder colour. Not changing my order from PB, just saying that I don't see it as a look at me colour.
Appreciate 0