11-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
MrPorter
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i, 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan94 View Post
I've got a lot of felt pads and after seeing the foam mats, I definitely think that's the way to go. Most felt pads are smaller and won't provide nearly the protection and/or coverage of the foam mats. Plus, an added bonus is the mats are cheap!

I've used Tire Rack, OEM BMW and generic Amazon tire totes (in fact, I've got all 3 sets on rims in my garage as I type this), and they are all the same. Just be sure whatever you choose will be wide enough to protect your rims. I've got my wife's 21" Q7 rims in these totes. I wanted something in a different color to distinguish from the other sets, so this fit the bill perfectly
Thanks for the peace of mind that they're all more or less the same. I ended up just buying the ones I linked to earlier...I did the math that they suggested in the product description and it sounds like my 699M wheels will fit for sure.

The mats are a decent enough idea for storage, but I actually want the felts more for transport in the car in case there's brake dust on the wheel when we're moving them.
Appreciate 0