Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Automatic seat and steering heating will only work when the temperature drops below your set point when you start your car. So it won't turn on for me in the morning after keeping the car in my 'warm' garage overnight, even though the temp quickly drops below the set point within a minute of moving the car out of the garage. It works great though coming home from work after leaving the car parked outdoor for the day. Observed this 3 days in a row this week.

Hope there is a way to activate it automatically even if the car is running...
Unless your garage is really warm (in which case why would you want/need the heat right away) why not raise the temperature setting to a point where the heated seats and steering wheel will turn on at start up?
Yesterday, Thermometer in car said garage was at 48F. Real temp outside was around 23F. automatic heated seat set point was at 35F.

No one in my family needs the heated seat to turn on if the real ambient temp is at 48F. However, once the car got out the temp inside the car got cold real quick, considering the AC took a while to work (waiting for the engine to heat up, since I never idle the car inside my garage even with the garage door open). The heated seat came on faster and is my way of keeping my kids warm in this situation.
Appreciate 0