View Single Post
      03-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #16
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineBimmer View Post
Happy for you! Very bummed about that poor milk... Was is Borden or another brand that has a nondescript heifer on it? Or was it Sam's Club/Kirkland's brand? Anyway, off topic I have become. So, you liked it?
My wife grabbed some super organic Fred Meyer brand milk...$6.50 for the gallon...was a sad day. I do love the X3 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Anyone know if or when the PHEV's are coming out for the current generation X5? Don't see them listed anywhere. That being said, I was considering a 2016 used X5 PHEV; any technical issues or things to watch out with this model?

I know a little off topic but with all things said, might just consider the X3 PHEV and call it a day. Thanks for the review.

PS - 17 miles is like to the grocery store and back, and to charge for 10 hours for 17 miles?
Yeah, it is a small battery, but the level 1 charger is very slow. I ended up buying a budget level 2 that plugs into a dryer outlet. Was $115 in materials for the outlet and $230 for the charger. The X3 only charges at 3.7kwh max so a 16amp charger, 14-39NEMA plug, and 30amp breaker is all you need. Charge to full is now just 2.5hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Could you share a picture of the trunk lip, that you described?
I posted some new pictures of the trunk lip and passenger side hump. Note that there is still room to store the cargo cover, tight squeeze for level 1 charger and first aid kit. NordicX3 was the first reply on here and he has a thread with more info also as he was the first X3 PHEV owner to post on the forums after the European release.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0