Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335 View Post
You probably know this but just in case, the 28i was only a 6 cylinder for the 11-12 model year using the N52 engine. I have an 11 28i and it is fantastic.
Yeah, that's what is limiting the available vehicles since the NA 6 in the F25 was only available for 2 years. My hunt continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
+1 on n/a I-6 motor. Been driving and wrenching in my Bimmers for 15 years, in-line 6 is rock solid. Look for a used one, they are out there- I picked up 3012 last summer, 53K miles/original owner vehicle. Nice car.
I have a 2001 525i and the engine has been really solid, actually the entire car has been good to me. Really it's my wife's car but I do drive allot. It's no speed demon, but it does the job. I have my 2007 Z4 ///M coupe for go fast enjoyment.

I test drove a well taken care of 2011 X3 28i and thought it had plenty of go for my needs. Too bad it had vinyl seats and even though it was a one owner vehicle from Maryland, it looks like it spent allot time in the north east salt belt since there was corrosion on allot of the hardware and other parts so I passed on it.

I don't need to find one immediately, so I'll take my time and keep looking. In the Maryland area, the dealers get cars from the north and bring them down so I avoid those which limits the selection even more.
If you can locate F25 with sport seats that's the way to go- much better than standard seats. That's 2nd reason I bought the car I have- it's near base model but had sport activity pkg (leather sport seats) and the convenience opening thing.

I put in a used BimmerTech DSP audio amplifier and the stereo system sounds 1000% better.

You know how it goes buying used- takes time, which you have- patience pays dividends, car will show up.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0