View Single Post
      05-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #126
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Max, I fear it’s even more complicated. For example, GT500R ran on a St. 1 91 octane BM3 map which yields ~4% less hp than the corresponding 93 octane map.
Good point, Alex. So we keep the five main categories mentioned earlier (SNC, SC, St1, St2, and St2M+) and ask everyone sharing their slips to document the conditions. As example, all St1 Drivers can easily compare their times to see why someone else might have been better if pertinent info is provided - DA, tire psi, octane, less weight (in fuel with forged tires or without spare or moon roof) etc. Take the only real slips we have to date, my run vs Nate's slip, and you can see he had better octane, but I had better DA and less weight (in fuel and w/o moon roof and spare). So as more slips come in each variable may become less (or more) relevant to the end result.

If someone has 10 runs on one day, I can easily add all to their own spreadsheet, conditionally format so the fastest intervals can be spotted, and transition the fastest of those 10 runs to the their category's main group. And then, take the fastest of that category's slips to make it that representative in the overall Leaderboard.

Sounds complicated but now that they're all set up, will be a snap to enter the data. What I'm not willing to do is try to find missing data like octane, DA, ... If everyone contributes the information which makes analysis more compelling it should become a reasonably helpful reference as to how to maximize the performance of the F97/98. And ideally, for full documentation - would be helpful to share an image of the vehicle with window number at the track day.

As mentioned in an earlier post, Dragy contributions are welcome anytime but given the inability to confirm location, date, true slope, ... will reserve the spreadsheet slots for those with sanctioned slips.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00