Thread: G01 Floor Mats
View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #189
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

I’m actually interested in the main interior floor mats. Can’t understand why BMW don’t provide an alternative option of some proper luxury mats instead of the thin nylon/velour types that are standard? A premium rand vehicle and I have to go looking at aftermarket mats if I want proper luxury.

A mate of mine (some years ago) bought a new 911 SC Targa. He knew the owner of a carpet retailer and had some floor mats made to exact size, with proper bound edges out of the most expensive, densest, pure wool, deep pile, Wilton carpet that was available. They were black, to match the original carpet... this might sound silly, but whenever I travelled in that car, after those mats were fitted, jeezuz..., did it feel special, everyone commented on how nice his mats were! I’d like to achieve that in my X3, but can’t find any of these car mat companies that offer anything like it. There are a few who offer different qualities with bound edges but they are only half as thick/dense and usually cheap tufted nylon, for which they are asking top-dollar!
Appreciate 0