Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
That footage actually looks quite sweet!! I'm impressed.

It takes microSD card? How do you know it's recording? It activates as soon as you turn ignition on and loops the footage to size of SD card?
Yep it takes a SD card, all details in the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
That footage actually looks quite sweet!! I'm impressed.

It takes microSD card? How do you know it's recording? It activates as soon as you turn ignition on and loops the footage to size of SD card?
I'm also interested in these details. Looks like one of the bullet points on the product shows "Max External Memory:32G". I myself am not too familiar with Dash Cams but looking to get one, so I am not sure if 32GB would be enough storage space.
As above, in the link. The right amount of memory depends on how much you're driving, and how early you 'find' something on your car that you want to look back on footage for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkay View Post
Thanks _ink for the info, video and tutorial!

I need "Dashcam for Dummies"......
Do you have to turn in on every time you start the car? - and if you leave it on - it keeps recording??
If you want to retrieve footage you pull the memory card and download it into your computer?

"the 24hr parking chip is useless and won't work." would have meant it records 24/7 or motion detector?

THANKS!!
You need to watch some YouTube videos to see how dashcam's operate, they are all pretty much the same with some more/less features.

Do not buy the 24 hr parking chip, it does not work for our cars.
Appreciate 0