View Single Post
      10-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #45
jeebus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

For those of you concerned about cutting exhaust and install complexity, this IS going to be a bit more work than the RG mid pipe. The RG pipe requires only one cut (per pipe), and because of where the cut is, it can be made while the stock midpipe and muffler are on the car, so you don't have to remove the rear V or the stock muffler to get the RG pipe installed.

The Dinan resonator delete requires you to cut the midpipe in TWO places (per pipe), plus you must cut the brace that joins the two stock cats. If you have not cut your stock exhaust at all prior to this, you could cut the rear section while still on the car, but because you have other work to do it may make more sense to drop the entire system as Dinan describes in the install instructions.

Because I have already cut my stock midpipe for the RG, and gone back to stock, I will effectively have less to drop or cut while doing the install for the Dinan res delete.

I plan on doing a video of the install and the cutting that is required when I get the res delete next week.

Last edited by jeebus; 10-09-2021 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 2