View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #7
leogrrl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 x30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylodan View Post
If you don't want costly repairs, I'd never drive a BMW that isn't under warranty. I've had 7 BMW cars, and all but one (1986 325) ended up being a money pit. They drive nice, and they tempt me over and over to try again, but I've finally submitted to the fact that they will hurt your wallet out of warranty.
That's my concern -- that low mileage and staying on top of service won't be enough. I read about this as much as possible before taking the plunge. As you know, some BMW owners reports no major issues, others have the money pit experience.

On our non-BMW side of the family, we've had multiple Subarus. The Outbacks used to have a "known issue" with their head gaskets. When our first one started to fail three years after warranty, Subaru still stood by the car, with their national HQ splitting the repair costs with us. That's why we stuck with them. I totally love my X3 but do worry about what the longer-term owner experience will be.