View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #33
ParadigmDawg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 AMG GLC63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by welko View Post
I have discomfort after a 2h drive on the right side of my buttocks. Keep on searching and shifting for a better position. BMW informed me the problem is unknown, but I read posts here that describe exactly the same issue.
I went to a car leather shop already twice: once to remove the leather flap because it’s exactly under my bottom cheek giving pressure. Second time they added additional foam to soften the seat, but still: after 2 hours I begin to feel pressure pain. It’s not skin irritation due to leather seams, it’s because of the small amount of pressure. No problem driving 1h, but painfull during long rides. I have a cushion for long rides but do not consider that as a permanent solution. I had a 5 series F11 before and never had any problems. Not even after a 10h drive!
I have leather vernasca cognac sport seats without ventilation. The car leather shop could replace the leather part of the bottom seat with different stitching, but the vernasca leather is new and not yet available on the aftermarket. Could take up to 1 year of waiting. I’m happy about this car, but the joy is overclouded by this issue.. if someone solved it or knows the root cause, I would be happy to hear about it!
I think my pain is caused more by how narrow the seats are. Unless I sit with my legs together they are actually on the side bolsters which is just horrible. I may end up getting rid of the car only because of the seats.
Appreciate 2