View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
JM72
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3, 2016 X3, 2019 X7

2016 F25 BimmerTech Alpha One Speaker Upgrade

New to this forum. Wanted to share my experience regarding a stereo system upgrade as someone who has benefited greatly from others who share their knowledge specific to the X3.

I did a significant amount of research on upgrading the disappointing factory HK system. Crazy thing is that the stock 2011 F25 system sounded better than my 2016 F25 with the upgraded HK.

I decided to go with the Bimmer Tech Alpha One speaker upgrade (Over the BavSound). I made the decision based on reviews read on various BMW communities for different models.

Results have met expectations. Upgrade was a significant expense but worth it, why spend so much on a vehicle and have to live with a mediocre sound system. I replaced every speaker including the subs. The quality of the replacement speakers was evident during install. I did the entire install myself which took about 4 hours. Nothing about the install was terribly difficult but taking off door panels can be a bit of a PITA. Dashboard speaker replacement was probably the easiest part. Didn't help that I have window shades in the second row.

Can't say enough about the improvement in sound. Deeper bass and a cleaner sound overall. Previously when I turned the volume up over 2/3 the sound would get really muddy. That is no longer the case. Sound is clean all the way up to max volume. Amazed at the bass that those two small subs can generate. There not much space under the two front seats so they are pretty thin.

I haven't been able to find recommendations on equalizer setup so I am fine tuning until I find optimal settings.

If anyone has any questions on the product, process etc I am willing to provide details on my experience.

Full Disclosure the manufacturer is giving me a minuscule amount of compensation for writing this post.

I did a quick video review as well and added in a few photos of the install if anyone is interested. Link is provided below.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/speakers...ifier-for-bmw/

Appreciate 2