Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Ditto! I'm really up against a wall myself.

Current lease ended yesterday, but I can keep the car ~6 days without turning it in or making another payment. After that BMWFS wants me to make a full month's payment and then if I turn the car in before the month is up they said they might prorate the days and issue me a refund. To make matters worse, I swapped the original runflats back on to the car at the end of May anticipating a new car in just a couple weeks and that obviously hasn't happened. So since then I've put an additional 3,000 miles on the original runflats and if this keeps up I'm probably going to have to replace the runflats when I turn in the car. That would be an additional $1200 or so out of my pocket! This whole ordering is starting to go south for me. I'm in the process of seeing if the dealer will give me ANY loaner to tide me over till the car finally arrives, but that's totally up to them just being nice, they're under no obligation. BMWNA really dropped the ball in my opinion, but they don't see it that way at all! So frustrating...

I had to extend the lease as well, but my dealership is paying for it because the reason my 2018 didn't arrive was because of them. BMW told me I would get a pro rated check though regardless of my timeline.

Sorry your having trouble there.

Though I have some good news for me:

While the website still says "At The Port" the Genius on the phone confirmed that the car left via train on 8/5/2018 and will reach the Port of Oxnard on 8/20/2018. Which puts delivery right on schedule for 8/25.

I also asked him if he knew anything about an engineering hold and he told me he hasn't hear anything about that.

Buddies and I leave for a roadtrip at 4am on August 31st and also long as I get the car by then I'll be happy.
I'm also slated to go on a trip to the keys the weekend of the 24th and I was fully expecting to take the new car! I would be REALLY bummed if I didn't have it by then. Let's hope the holds are lifted shortly and I get mine in time for my trip and you for yours!! I'll figure out my current lease soon. May just turn the damn thing in and uber to work. It'll be a hassle, but I'll survive. I just don't want to spend anymore money on the current lease and I have nothing going on between now and my trip except work.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0