View Single Post
      05-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #27
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETSGTSTARSKY View Post
I certainly would like to test drive one when available to see what I think. … I don't like that the exec pack includes a panoramic roof which I don't want. Doesn't have to be carbon fiber but a total delete is a must. Half of the other options on the exec pack I don't care about but I guess would pay for them to get the few options I do want. ...
Agreed with the roof, which is why I’m waiting to order for the new August builds, when we can at least order the ‘M Driver’s Pkg’ which deletes the moon roof. Have to pay more for that option but then they delete the cost of the moon roof so not a major issue for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
New member, longtime BMW owner. Well, I just ordered a comp X3M. … I'm in time to delay my order and can't decide if I should hold out for the CF strut bar in August. … Does anyone know if the carbon cross bar is more aesthetics than anything else, or does it actually significantly improve cornering? I could live with the looks of a metal bar over carbon under a hood I will rarely open. … Thanks
Welcome to the Forum, MrItaly. The CF strut bar certainly should be able to be added post-production so wouldn’t delay your order based on that alone. Over in Europe you can apparently order the X3M without the heavy Moon roof now, so as ID7 is apparently not an issue anymore, wouldn’t see a major issue to wait IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBahn View Post
I’ve seen both the M40i and X3M and they are most definitely not identical in appearance. The pic is from last week when I was down at the Performance Center accepting delivery of my wife’s X5. They had a couple X3M’s out front, just delivered....think they said they were press cars. Cheers,
Thanks for sharing the image and your thoughts. Your image suggests this one may not have had the Moon Roof? If you can confirm, that would be the first X3M I’ve seen without one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0