08-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #350
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I called BMW Genius about an update since my order has been in Quality Check since Monday morning. They reason it's been held so long is that there must be some major issue that needs to be addressed. Said it looks like it's going to affect many early built 2019 X3 X drive(AWD) models, just that they really noticed it on my car along with some others. Said they have no idea how long this hold will be.
I'm ready to jump ship since I don't want a vehicle that's probably being torn apart to find a cure for the problem.
At this point, I might wait for the new X5, but that will also have it's early teething problems. Also discounts will be hard to come by for the first couple months.
Not very happy. But hopefully something will change my mind.
Not to throw shade in the direction of the "geniuses," but they're not very well informed at all. This past week I've heard so many different stories from each person that picked up the phone... and I called at least 4 times a day, considering my car has been at "awaiting carrier assignment" (via the website) since 8/4. The only story that has held water has been the very first guy's back on the 4th where he said there were in fact two holds on the car... an engineering data hold (where BMW was supposedly waiting for government testing to be complete) and a market release hold (meaning absolutely no M40is were to leave the VPC until this hold was lifted). I'm guessing the second hold was contingent on the engineering hold as both of them literally fell off the car yesterday and as of this morning my car is slated to arrive at the dealer Monday or Tuesday (got that word from the dealer today... up until yesterday the dealer just told me they had no idea either due to the holds).

Stay the course! Ignore the "geniuses!"

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0