View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #10
mark2jag
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 320d m sport touring g21

Remote start.

I have been reading the remote start page with great interest as my information from a BMW dealer close to me has suggested that Uk cars with Idrive 7 will have remote start sometime in the near future, and this remote start is coded as CR!1 or 1CR, not sure which one.

Apparently all the hardware is already present to make this happen, but I guess I will have to wait and see. It is also going to be released at the same time as the NEW android Auto for BMW's.

I'm also told by the same dealer that at least 1 car in their range already has remote start, and he thinks it is the X1 X3 or X5. 2020 onwards.

By the way, on a legality point of view it is not illegal to fit remote start, as my Volvo and several other cars already have it, It is only illegal to leave a car running on a public highway, so if you are on private land (such as my driveway) you'll probably be ok.

I've only had mine for a short while now but i find it really quite economical aided no doubt by the fact that its a mild hybrid diesel. I was going to take it on a really long road trip around Scotland but the day I collected it was the first day of lockdown.

Oh, and before I forget. the only thing needed to make remote start work is the correct FSC code, whatever that is.

If I've got any of this wrong please dont shoot the messenger, as I know nothing but am relying on somebody from a dealership who in theory should know what they are talking about.....
Appreciate 0