View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #26
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
That's fine... I have a few friends like you that have endless time to hate on Tesla...

Regards, what Tesla is doing is fantastic, and they've making the entire car industry look really stupid in the process.
Respectfully disagree....Tesla is doing well with sales and the enthusiasm generated while the "first on the block" syndrome persists. They are far from making the existing industry look "stupid" as the large number of product failures, design shortcomings, assembly and component quality lapses became apparent. Some would suggest the opposite. Their own owner body has reported enough problems for Model 3 to lose its recommendation from CR purely based on owner reports...not CR opinions. Model 3, in particular, was a nice try for an amateur, but they will need another product cycle to be a professional OEM. Don't be taken in by sales volume...unless you consider billions of McDonald's served as haute cuisine.

With Ford Mach E, Polestar 2, BMW iX3 and iX4, etc., etc., about to launch, the choices from OEMs who actually have generations of experience designing and building whole vehicles will have a significant impact. Tesla does design high performing, high-efficiency electric powertrains (although we now read about failures with some particular chip writing so much data so often, they are now failing prematurely https://insideevs.com/news/376037/te...-memory-issue/ ), but they also need to learn how to design a competent vehicle around that powertrain.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0