11-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #17
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
About time for them given the incidences. Ultimately it's not an autopilot system. Hugely misleading to call an assistance system an autopilot. And Tesla remains a L2 system with only Audi A8 being the only L3 system in market.
These "incidents" are caused by people who don't pay attention and don't know what they are doing. How many airplane accidents were caused by human error. Does that make a 747, A320 or whatever a piece of crap or a misleading machine because it had autopilot? Is the A330 a piece of crap because of AF447? I sometimes wonder what the regular person thinks an autopilot actually is?
I am a pilot and use autopilot on every flight of course, but I can tell you it's not a hands off, brains off kinda thing what some people seem to expect from an autopilot. Tesla does not claim that any of their cars are a hands off autopilot, at least not yet. So I don't think it's misleading at all.

It's misleading that you claim Audi has a L3 system. I mean it does, but only up to 60 km/h which is kind of a joke. It's great for traffic jams, but what after that?

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 4
ecaedus113.50
shoptb176.00