View Single Post
      06-21-2022, 07:55 PM   #1
mikee30
Rep
Drives: 2007si

2012 x3 3.5 delayed acceleration only from standstill

Hi,
Curious if anyone has some suggestions on if this is normal behavior or if something needs attention.
2012 x3 3.5 with about 45,000miles
When the truck is at a standstill (normal mode) and I give a bit of gas to take off, there is a delay before the car starts moving (1 sec or so), however, when the car is in motion, it accelerates perfectly and shifts perfects. If I switch to sport mode and try the same acceleration from a stop, the car will still have that slight delay but then accelerate with what I would describe as a slightly jerky take off, but then perfectly fine in the next gear.
The car is new to me having been owned by an elderly lady. She had not changed the oil in ~2 years but only did 4-5k miles during that time- I just flushed the oil with 5w30 liquid moly. I plan on changing the air filter and spark plugs this weekend but is there anything else I should do at the same time? Overall the truck drives great...gears shifts are smooth once in movement, but this "delayed acceleration" is rather annoying when in stop and go traffic or city driving. Check Engine light is off.
My only other thought was if it is time for a walnut blast - I don't have another automatic transmission n55 to compare with to determine if this is just normal behavior.
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0