View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #14
Curtis92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Coupe

in a nutshell, you need to eat more, up your calories/ protein intake by 20-30%, eat meals 5 spread out mixing the types of protein intake if you can (nuts, fish, poultry, beef, egg, etc). Make sure you get lots of rest too.

As for your routine, pick two muscle groups a day for a workout. I found that was a good starting point for me. Also check your vegetable and fruit intake, you need those micro nutrients and minerals. I try to always stay away from a multi-vitamin sine our bodies are able to absorb more from foods than with a pill. Work out heavy, the last few reps should be quite difficult if your choosing the right weight. Remember though, form is key.

Your running shouldn't be a problem if its on your off-weights day. But usually running anything longer than 40 mins will start burning muscle tissue. Now if you want to focus on fat burn, you can pick a high incline on the treadmill and choose anywhere from (min) 3.5-4.4 (max) for speed. Or you can do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which is running sprints for 30 seconds or so, then a slow jog for anywhere between 30secs - 1 min.

Goodluck!
Appreciate 0