View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #10
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

When you get an alignment the printout should be in color. Only those things in red are not in spec. Like I said, some negative camber is normal. How much inside wear are you getting? After how many miles? But, yes, the only way to measure camber is to put it back on the alignment rack and measure it. You really ought to have a folder for each car you keep maintenance paperwork in. I'd never throw something like that away. You first need to know if it's out of spec before you can address it. If you don't know what negative camber is, it's the amount your wheels tip in at the top when viewed from the front or rear. On an X3 it's small enough that you can't really see it - they look like they are 90 degrees to the ground. If you've ever sat behind a small sports car or a like a Mini Cooper at a stoplight it can be very pronounced. I'm not sure how much adjustment there is to camber on an X3. On many cars there is very little to none. It can be caused by suspension bushings wearing out - which can be replaced - or by an accident. For many cars there are aftermarket solutions in the form of bolts that hold the arms differently (crash bolts they are often called) or oblong bushings that can be rotated. I don't know about an X3. But you first need to diagnose your issue. I had an MB that wore the inner front tread at twice the rate of the outer tread because of negative camber. I had crash bolts installed and it was totally cured.
Appreciate 0