G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTDG42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Very impressive showing for the X3M... even given its higher curb weight.

I think the GTR is slowly becoming a dinosaur... yes it can be tuned to insane power but the tech is becoming lackluster. An M3C Xdrive with probably 100 HP less than that GTR would have still flown away.
You’re just looking at a bad example of a GTR. They put the power down great and the DCT upshift is nearly instantaneous. My stock engine stock trans GTR, stock catback exhaust even, 20” wheels… I have draggy vids showing that I can just come to the stop in the middle of a road and launch; and pop off 9.7 - 9.8 with ease. But there’s better cars for the money that can do that now, including a M3CX. The nicer 2017+ GTR costs as much as a new M3, and still isn’t as nice a car. And if you want a 8 second street car or better than it makes more sense to build a 17+ R8. I don’t think the M3 is going to be able to surpass the GTR in usable street performance, but I think it will match it, be a nicer car while doing it, and require less maintenance, and less money and headache over time.
I think most people buying a GTR are not the ones worried about the high end interior and super new tech. You buy them to make fast AF with DCT. My brothers is 1300 Wheel and has been bullet proof. The aftermarket is huge for them. It's one of my favorite cars to drive.
Appreciate 2