12-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #9
PNTDG42
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Very impressive showing for the X3M... even given its higher curb weight.

I think the GTR is slowly becoming a dinosaur... yes it can be tuned to insane power but the tech is becoming lackluster. An M3C Xdrive with probably 100 HP less than that GTR would have still flown away.
You’re just looking at a bad example of a GTR. They put the power down great and the DCT upshift is nearly instantaneous. My stock engine stock trans GTR, stock catback exhaust even, 20” wheels… I have draggy vids showing that I can just come to the stop in the middle of a road and launch; and pop off a casual 9.7 - 9.8. But there’s better cars for the money that can do that now, including a M3CX. The nicer 2017+ GTR still costs as much used as a new M3, yet still isn’t as nice a car as that M3. And if you want a 8 second street car or better than it makes more sense to build a 17+ R8. I don’t think the (S58) M3 is going to be able to surpass the R35 GTR in usable all-out street performance, but I think it will match it, be a nicer car while doing it, and require less maintenance, and less money and headache over time.

Last edited by PNTDG42; 12-21-2022 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
ASAP10054.00