Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Highly doubt it, they aren't designing new petrol engines and I doubt BMW would push the I6 to 600 horsepower. Would be stepping on X5M toes.

50i probably 420hp if not just the 386 they have now.
They may not be designing new petrol engines anymore but they can definitely modify/upgrade/tune the S58 to reach @600HP easy. Current X3MC dynos @530HP. I also wouldn't be shocked if the X3 M50i gets a detuned version of this S engine. They are dropping everthing else into them. M-Performance is considered an M by BMW.

Next generation X5M would be right behind this one so the toe stepping wouldn't last long but isn't the current X3M already faster? X5M will always be superior in tech and luxury. Fractions of a second won't discourge future X5M owners.

It is also safe to assume that at this point the G97 will still be built on the CLAR platform since the EV Neue Klasse platform won't debut until 2025-2026 on the 3 series. Maybe in the next generation X5M but I doubt it will be worth the R&D to bring plug-in hybrid tech to this class from the XM for 30 miles of range. Maybe some sort of electrical assistance for low end torque but who knows...it's early. I'm just hoping for one more generation of ICE madness for the X3MC and leave the plug in anything out.

We need a G97 wishlist thread. Max Well where are you? 😁

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 1
Max Well4734.50