View Single Post
      10-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #18
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Hopefully Max Well gets early access, I get the feeling we will get a lot of info out of him!

So how long was it from production completion to arrival at dealership? And how far are you from Spartanburg? Southeast means you're probably pretty close?
For sure on the info sharing!

Chronology of the Ordering/Delivery process: Order placed around 15 Sep; Production started Wednesday 11 Oct; Production completed Friday 20 Oct; Released to the Carrier Tuesday 24 Oct; Arrival at Dealership Thursday 26 Oct.

We’re in the Southeast, about 400 miles away as the crow flies. AUS1969 being in Atlanta is about 175 miles direct line per GoogleEarth. Suspect bwcooper (in Montgomery TX) should be hearing today or tomorrow from his Dealership, but that is where it might be more difficult to assess as it is then up to Carrier routes and scheduling.

Kind of like making popcorn on the stove top – you wait and wait and one or two start popping and before you know it, multiple forum members will be seeing their new G01s rolling into their Dealerships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
YESSSS I'm so happy to see pics of an actual production model.. Do you mind if I ask when you first ordered this? It's been about 2-3 weeks for me and I still haven't received any production date so I'm guessing I won't see mine for a long while.

And the dealer couldn't take a pic of the cockpit and the steering wheel to put the talk to rest as to any wonderment on what wheel was delivered?

Thanks so much for sharing. I've been waiting to see pics of cars people ordered!!
See above for the chronology, JSY. I’ll be sure to get good steering wheel (and other) photos, and will also measure the various circumference points – but I haven’t even laid eyes on her yet but will definitely let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Congrats, I guess I haven’t paid attention, I was under the impression the M40i could not be ordered with 19” rims. Did you order the spare tire? Steering wheel is it msport?
Yes, the M40i here in the USA comes standard with the 19” performance tires. Still not quite sure I understand why Canada is std with 21” and Germany is 20”, but there must be a Corporate reason for doing so? I have to think that actually the 19” will probably turn out to be the sweet spot for fuel economy (reference Kozzi’s post about tire size and aerodynamic and rolling friction drag). I do think the 20” and 21” look amazing and would win in the aesthetics department hands-down, but we were trying to be pragmatic on that decision. That, and they should provide a more comfortable ride with poor roads I would think.

No on the spare tire, as we will always want to use RFTs and I use the space for tools and supplies.

And I'll get you full details on the steering wheel once I get a chance to actually see our G01 in person.
Appreciate 2
JSY578.00
bwcooper182.00